The Double Wedding Ring was a much-loved pattern of the late Mary Fischer Horton. Mary pieced numerous quilts using many patterns but always returned to this one. The color pink was Mary's favorite which was incorporated into this barn quilt which is displayed in her honor.
The Horton farm, located on Tannery Road in Wells Tannery, has been in the family since the 1930's. It was first purchased by Nathan and Stella Horton, then by the late Paul and Mary Horton. Today it is owned by their children Roger (and Melissa) Horton and Bonnie Horton (and Bob) Johnson. The forth and fifth generations continue to enjoy the farm.