Pine Tree Farm, located in a valley between Sideling Hill and Scrub Ridge Mountain on US. Route 30, was purchased in 1940 by Blanche Swope, a retired Pittsburgh librarian. Her Father, Dr. L. W. Swope, was born in Fulton County and became the chief of staff at West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh. The farm was expanded many times and became a modern dairy farm with a large herd of registered Guernsey cattle. Today it remains in the family. The cows are gone but it is home to many horses, including several PA State Police retired Mounted Patrol horses, and Pine Tree Trophy Whitetails. The Pine Tree quilt block was selected to honor this family heritage.