St. Paul's Lutheran Church
14661 GREAT COVE RD
Municipality: Ayr Township
GPS: 39.911767 -78.0588963,11
The Big Cove Tannery Schoolhouse is one of the many one-room schoolhouses in Fulton County and across Pennsylvania. The exact date in which this schoolhouse was built is unknown. All that is known is that the Lutheran church congregation in Big Cove Tannery used the schoolhouse for its services as early as 1849 while their church was being built.
These schoolhouses have been out of use for many years and are in disrepair. Fortunately the Big Cove Tannery Schoolhouse is owned by the Big Cove Tannery Lutheran congregation and has recently been renovated to ensure it will remain for years to come. It is used by the church for social gatherings.