This block highlights the Conestoga wagon and reminds us of the countless pioneers who passed through McConnellsburg and Fulton County in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Tuscarora Mountain was the edge of the frontier in the mid 1700’s. The land beyond belonged to the Native Americans. But that did not deter settlers from coming into our valleys, and settlements soon sprang up. Many of these hearty people stayed overnight in local hotel/taverns such as the Fulton House on Lincoln Way East in McConnellsburg. Some found Fulton County to be the place to settle; others headed over the Alleghenies to Pittsburgh and on into the new territories.