173 SNOWY LANE
GPS: 39.945530 -77.989243
This barn quilt hearkens back to the 1940s. The Fulton County Conservation District was formed in 1945. The building on which the quilt is mounted and the new home of the District was built in the early 1940s. The quilt block pattern itself seems to have originated about 1940, and the patterns reflect "feedsack cloth" popular from the Depression Era through WW11. Reusing the cotton material from which feed and flour sacks were made was a way for a homemaker to provide new clothes during a time of hardship and scarcity. The colors represent clean air and water, crops and trees, and the sun which rises over the Tuscarora mountains (to the right, facing the barn quilt).